- Wireless HDbitT HDMI Audio & Video Extender
- Video and Power Balun Transmission over Cat5/Cat6 Cable
- Unpacking Wireless GSM Home Alarm System ProVisual AL2200K
- Unpacking the ProVisual "Q" Series AHD 720p Surveillance Cameras Kit
- ProVisual "Q" Series AHD Surveillance Cameras Kit - QR Code Scan Setup Tutorial
- AC-119RC - One Door Access Control with Magnetic Lock - Wire Connection Tutorial
- Security Systems for Your Home and Business
- How Infrared Cameras Work
- Better Safe than Sorry
- PTZ Cameras For Outdoor Use
Posted by Provisual on 10/29/2014 to News
On Cyber Monday last year, I purchased a treadmill which was delivered to my home while I was at work. When I got home that day, the treadmill was nowhere to be found but the delivery company insisted that it had been delivered. I knocked on every door in the neighborhood, including my questionable neighbors across the street. They were the only ones who wouldn’t come to the door, despite the fact that they were home. I could hear them inside. It raised my suspicion, and quite possibly confirmed it, but without hard evidence, I had no case. All I could do was file a police report only to be told the treadmill would never be recovered. They had no intention of looking for it. They had nothing to go on.
According to other neighbors, the treadmill had been seen leaning big as day against my garage door. How, I wondered, could someone be so brazen as to steal a 200 lb. treadmill in broad daylight? Christmastime is one of the biggest seasons for theft. Packages are often left out on porches, and treadmills and other large items like TVs are stolen and sold for profit.
Had a security camera been installed, I would have been able to catch the culprit red-handed. Don’t take chances. Make the investment and have a security camera installed. It’s always better to be safe than sorry.